Thrift Store Manager
The Store Manager is a person in charge of the entire store and the employees that work within. The Store Manager is in charge of the general operations of a store, making sure it runs smoothly, cleanly and meets any budget or sales goals.
General Job Duties
- Prepare and make daily bank deposits. Compare deposits to daily sales ledger and square reports to gauge accuracy in cash control. Monitor cash drawer reports to ensure accuracy in checking out customers.
- Hire, fire, and train or oversee training of all associates.
- Make sure all slots are filled on the schedule.
- Monitor the time clock daily to ensure all employees are clocking in and out accurately. Pull all necessary time reports on Monday and email the hours to the Director of Operations.
- Oversee all scheduled pickups of donations based on requests by donors. In scheduling pickups, monitor the route for traffic density to ensure most efficiency.
- Oversee all aspects of production to maintain a full and organized sales floor. Monitor when to pull color tags from the floor. Floor must remain full but shop-able.
- Monitor miscellaneous shelving to judge when to mark down merchandise, when to pull merchandise, when to expand and contract sections.
- Monitor Lost-n-Found Thrift Facebook page. Post updates to generate interest and use to grow customer base.
- Monitor store supplies and equipment to make sure the employees have the tools to do their jobs.
- Prepare or delegate preparation of a weekly schedule.
- Monitor daily care and cleanliness of the store to ensure safety for employees and customers
- Monitor connection with recycling vendors.
- Truck maintenance and care. Ensure oil changes.
- Monitor sales in Square to prevent theft and shrinkage.
- Manage sale of mixed rag clothing and ensure that they are being done at proper intervals.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum 3 years prior experience managing thrift and or consignment stores
- Five years of experience in thrift and consignment stores
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Bookkeeping and computer skills
- Honest and trustworthy with a solid work ethic