Listed below are the current employment opportunities at Lost-n-Found Youth:
Linkage to Care Case Manager
Full-time, nonexempt – Hourly wage: $10-$12/hour
Reports to the Youth Center Program Manager
Please send resumes and/or CVs with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The overall purpose of the Linkage to Care Specialist position is to ensure that clients are linked to Primary Care, HIV Specialty Care and Supportive Services. The Linkage to Care Specialist (LCS) develops supportive relationships with Youth Center youth and leverages these relationships to facilitate the warm hand off required to ensure that clients are appropriately and effectively linked to medical care and other necessary services (HIV Screening, Prevention, Mental Health and Support Services). The LCS maintains a working knowledge of HIV related services and programs, particularly Ryan White Programs, in the Metro Atlanta area and is a content area expert and resource for clients and staff.
- Provides Linkage to Care Counseling.
- Links LGBT/HIV Positive and Negative youth to appropriate services.
- Enrolls clients into relevant health care services or works with known providers to ensure enrollment.
- Maintains knowledge of Ryan White and Prevention Programs in Metro Atlanta.
- Brokers Relationships between LNFY and provider organizations to ensure access for LNFY clients.
- Initiates and manages the MOU process with organizations providing services essential to HIV positive and high risk clients.
- Maintains knowledge of HIV Biomedical prevention (PrEP, PEP, TAP) providers in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Provides transportation to and from medical and supportive services appointments for clients.
- Establishes and manages referral tracking system.
- Obtains release of medical information and authorization to follow-up with medical providers on behalf of clients.
- Maintains Accurate and complete client records.
- Performs required data entry.
- Maintains confidentiality and abides by all relevant health care privacy laws.
- Works with the Fulton County Ryan White Office, Planning Council, Disease Investigation Specialist, and other relevant government entities to establish LNFY as a referral partner in the EMA.
- Attend Ryan White Planning Council meetings and activities and represents LNFY to the EMA.
- Works closely with Street Outreach Team, Housing Case Managers, Youth Center Staff and Volunteers to establish a strong internal referrals process.
- Trains volunteers and staff to activate internal and external referrals.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services Field (SW, ED, HS, PSY, RN), or Associate Degree with a clinical license.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- HIV Prevention Counselor Certified
- Enrollment Specialist (Preferred) or demonstrated expertise with HCA enrollment activities.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Familiarity with: Popular Education, Cognitive Behavioral Counseling, Motivational Interview, Harm Reduction Counseling, Adherence Counseling.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be able to stand and walk long periods of time when conducting community outreach
- Ability to work late nights and weekends as required