Lost-N-Found Youth is an Atlanta, Georgia based nonprofit (501c3) that exists to end homelessness for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ+) and all sexual minority youth. Lost-n-Found Thrift Store is a program of Lost-n-Found Youth.
- Understand and support the mission of Lost-N-Found Youth while providing a positive retail shopping and donation experience for our customers/supporters
- Provide friendly customer service
- Receive donations.
- Price (when appropriate label) and Distribute Donations
- Merchandise shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift
- Calculate sales discount to determine price
- Keep the showroom clean and orderly
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
- Protect the assets of the Store and report problems to the manager on duty or the Deputy Director for Operations
- Maintain a safe and clean store environment by routinely confirming all aisles are free of carts, products, fixtures, etc. As well, seeing that Emergency Exits are always clear
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
- Understanding of basic arithmetic
- 1 year prior retail experience
- Previous thrift store experience