24/7 Talk & Text Hotline
Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We support youth ages 18 thru 25 at our Youth Center and in our transitional housing program. Lost-n-Found Youth also provides services and referrals based on the needs of youth entering our program.
• 43 percent of our clients find us by word of mouth while 38 percent are referred by area shelters.
• 16 percent find us online and 3 percent are identified through our street outreach program.
- 24/7 phone, text, and email response
- Emergency and transitional housing
- Emergency clothing and food for youth on the street
- Mental health evaluations and counseling
- Referrals to HIV/STD testing, health and dental services
- Assistance for lost or stolen birth certificates and driver’s licenses
- Referrals to GED training/testing and other education resources
- Resume writing/editing and interview skills training
- Safe space for LGBTQ youth
- Access to emergency clothing from Lost-n-Found Thrift Store
- Hygiene supplies
- Washer and dryer to do laundry
Youth on the street learn to protect themselves emotionally and physically to prevent being hurt. This instinctive ‘survival’ behavior creates a vicious cycle. Too often, youth lose themselves on the streets and don’t know how to find their way back. Our street outreach program is comprised entirely of volunteers who actively search for homeless youth living on the street to offer assistance.
Statistically, we have less than 48 hours to connect with a newly homeless youth with services before they turn to criminal activity such as theft, panhandling, prostitution or drugs to survive. We are one of the few youth services organizations in Atlanta who connect youth in crisis with a live person who is willing to be an advocate for their needs.
If you would like to help, go to our Volunteer page for more information.